Naj is the acronym of my name Natalee Antoinette Johnson (NAJ).
I am a mother of a young adult, author, educator, creator, community change agent and advocate for children, youth, women and families. I am also the founder of Passion 4 Dreams Inc and author of My Magnificent Hair (2016) and I Come As I Am: Reflections of Verse (Revised 2016).
My journey of writing started as a child with my grandmother who lived in the Caribbean. We maintained communication by writing letters to each other. In our letters we shared many stories. Over time, I developed a love for reading and writing.
I am a advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion. Growing up in the inner city, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, I was labelled an at-risk youth. I could have allowed those labels to determine my future but with accessing the right resources, I made the choice to not allow labels to determine who I would become. The journey wasn’t easy but I knew it was possible to overcome labels placed on my life as a youth.
I have been apart of several documentaries in Ontario. One being the College of Early Childhood Educator documentary (2013) highlighting the career of Early Childhood Educators across Ontario. I’m passionate about community, utilizing my talents, skills and knowledge to empower and inspire others. As an author, motivational speaker and creator, I focus on inspiring, educating, sustainability, while building stronger communities. My professional background is in education, as well I am trained early childhood educator and child and youth practitioner.
I continue to share my lived experiences in my own voice throughout my writings. As a change agent, community leader and role model, my goal is to empower others to step out of comfort zone to pursue their goals and dreams. My focus is to use my gifts, knowledge, talents and skills to IMPACT lives.
Signature Speaking Topics
Click here for speaking topics if you require a tailored topic that is not on the list, please connect with me.
Natalee has had diverse speaking engagements. She has also been featured in the documentary Early Childhood Educators in Ontario, Canada (College of Early Childhood Educators, 2013) and several newspaper articles within Ontario, Canada.
International Speaking Engagements:
- One Woman Fearless Women’s Summit, Guest Speaker, Topic: Moving with Purpose and Not Fear, Columbia, Ohio, June 29th, 2019
- BookCon Book Expo, through Book Vine Press, Book Signing and Interview, Javits Centre, New York City, June 1 to 2, 2019
- One Women Fearless Women’s Summit, Guest Speaker, Topic: Moving with Purpose and Not Fear, New York City, March 16th, 2019
- Workshop Facilitator, Guest Speaker, Canadian Centre for Women’s Empowerment, Parenting During Covid-19 (2020)
- Guest Speaker, Network for the Empowerment of Women, International Women’s Day, March 7th – 8th, 2020, Halifax, Nova Scotia (2020)
- Indie Author Day, Pickering, Ontario, October 5th, 2019, Keynote Speech
- Organizer of 2019 Girl’s Empowered Youth Conference (October 2019), Collaboration with Scott’s Mission – Video
- African Canadian Literary Education (ACLE), July 2019
- One Woman Guest Speaker, Ohio, June 29th, 2019, Highlighted Video
- One Woman Fearless Woman Summit, New York, March 29th, 2019, Guest Speaker, Highlighted Video
- Ontario Library Association (OLA), 2018,
- Co-facilitator and organizer of the Girl’s Empowered Youth Conference (October 2018), Highlighted Video
- Guest Speaker at Black Women Bridging Borders, York University, (2017)
- Guest Speaker at Seneca College Career Day, (2017)
- The organizer of Passion 4 Dreams Black History Event, covered by RogersTV Peel Region, (2017)
- Share Caribbean Newspaper, (2013)
- Featured in the College of Early Childhood Educators Promotional Video Highlighting Early Childhood Educators in Ontario, (2013)
- Featured in the Toronto Sun Newspaper, (2012)
- Featured in Toronto Metro Business Newspaper, (2011)
- Featured in Seneca Red Magazine, (2011)
- Received Seneca College Distinction Award,(2011)
Steps to Booking Me:
- Review my profile
- Complete the Interest to Book Form here
- Upon receiving the Interest to Book Form, you will be contacted for a discovery call
- Collaboration based on a neutral agreement
What is my cost?
- Cost will vary based on the project. Reduce cost for Not-for-Profit Organizations and women’s groups focused on empowering.
- My cost will include travel charges, accommodations, and materials that will need to be provided. This will be discussed during the discovery call.